From the Front Desk December

From the Front Desk December

Here at Village Hall, we get phone calls asking all kinds of questions. Here is a good list to keep handy. If you have ideas for future FAQ questions, email

  1. What is the policy on salting and snow removal from Village roads?

The Village of Bannockburn contracts with an outside company for our snow removal and salting. The Bannockburn police manage the facilitation of these services in the event of related weather. If you experience hazardous conditions, please call the Bannockburn Police Department at 911 or 847-945-8490.

  1. Who is responsible for removing snow and salting the intersection of Rt. 22 and Waukegan Road?

The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) manages these state roads and are responsible for snow plowing and salting. Please call the Bannockburn Police Department at 911 or 847-945-8490 with any reported problem with these road conditions. They will contact IDOT on behalf of the Village.

  1. Are there any restrictions on snow removal?

Yes. In order to keep our streets free of snow and ice, residents are prohibited from placing snow from a private drive, parking lot, or private property onto any highway, street, or path in the Village of Bannockburn.

Any resident found violating this ordinance will be issued a citation in the amount of $25. If the snow is not removed immediately, the Village will remove it and charge the resident for the expense incurred.

  1. How can I check the road conditions in Lake County?

The Lake County Department of Transportation (LCDOT) has an app called PASSAGE, sign up for email traffic alerts and twitter alerts. Please visit the LCDOT website at

New this year, you can see the snow plows in action with the Snow Plow Tracker. You can check the progress of snow and ice removal on all 26 LCDOT snow routes. They have installed cameras on the snow plow trucks.

  1. What roads does Lake County Department of Transportation plow?

LCDOT plows Lake County highways, marked with 5 sided blue and gold route signs. State routes are maintained by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). Check out the LCDOT snow plow routes!

  1. Do I need a dog license?

Yes, all dogs residing in the Village must be registered and wear a tag. Dog tags are renewed on an annual basis. All residents received an updated dog license application in their recent water/sewer bill. If you haven’t already, send in your new tag request form and applicable fee. All dogs need to have a 2020 tag by January 1st.