Police Annual Reports
Salaries & Benefits
Policies & Procedures
If you need to inspect, copy, or certify public records from the Village, you must submit a request via the Freedom of Information Act. The information must be requested in writing and may be submitted via mail delivery, personal delivery, or by email (SHannon@villageofbannockburn.org) or fax (847) 945-8496. (During the COVID pandemic we suggest emailing.)
The Village will disclose the public records requested within 21 Business Days after the receipt of your request for commercial purposes, and within five Business Days for all other requests, unless the applicable response period is extended as provided by law or the request is denied.
All extensions and denials will be in writing and will state the reasons therefor. The Requestor may seek review of a denial by the Public Access Counselor of the Office of the Illinois attorney General. Judicial review is available under Section 11 of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/1 et seq.
For more detailed information, please consult the Village of Bannockburn’s Rules and Regulations for Implementation of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, which are available from the Freedom of Information Officer.
Plans and Strategic Documents
The Village of Bannockburn will serve its residents, businesses and visitors through leadership, partnership, and the provision of providing community focused, quality services, programs and facilities in the most cost effective and efficient manner while preserving the Village’s history and tradition and making it a better place to live and work.
The core values of the Village of Bannockburn are centered on a matrix of one‐word descriptors. These words represent the values we hold; and which form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves.
- Community – We foster an engaged community and strong partnerships through communication and participation amongst all constituencies.
- Innovation – We develop creative solutions and share leading practices that enhance the value of services provided to our residents.
- Tradition – We value our history and wish to preserve our character.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves at all times in a manner that is ethical, legal, accountable and professional with the highest degree of honesty, transparency, respect and fairness.
- Zoning & Economic Development – We encourage diverse employment opportunities through networking and collaboration and ensure that development is consistent with community character.
- Efficiency and Excellence – We recognize the strength in team work to harness our energy, creativity and resources when designing and implementing programs and services.
- Natural Settings – We value our natural open space through our commitment to responsible stewardship of the environment.
- Service and Safety – We use education, prevention, and enforcement methods to protect life and property in the community, and maintain our infrastructure and facilities to provide a safe environment in which to live, learn, work, shop, and play.