Applications and Resources
BUILDING CODES, BUILDING/ZONING APPLICATIONS & RELEVANT RESOURCES/OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS
[LINKS TO THE BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION, ‘ARC’ APPLICATION, ‘PCZBA’ APPLICATION & OTHER ZONING/BUILDING RESOURCES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE (SCROLL DOWN)]
[PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APPLICATIONS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT THE VILLAGE’S “DOCUMENTS/APPLICATION” PAGE]
The Building and Zoning Commissioner is responsible for protecting the character that makes Bannockburn so special. The Commissioner’s role is to oversee and strengthen the zoning code and to maintain compliance.
The biggest challenge our community faces is integrating new residents and commercial enterprises designs and ideas into the community while maintaining the quality of life and character as envisioned by Bannockburn’s original planner, William Aitken.
We’ve accomplished this goal through adherence to sound land planning policies, yet recognizing that what draws residents to Bannockburn is what makes this community desirable and worthy of preservation. While we rely on our zoning code and comprehensive plan to guide our decisions for preserving the past, we are also sensitive to the future and take time to consider the direction Bannockburn will take in the years ahead.
All construction, both residential and commercial, must meet Village building and zoning codes.
Consult the codes if you’re planning any new building, remodeling, or changes to landscaping or exterior lighting.
The codes and other valuable resources included on this website will help direct your efforts in a way that allows you to achieve your goals while understanding the Village’s guidelines. These time-saving tools, along with the Village’s comprehensive plan, will give you a base of information to assist you with planning your project while understanding the vision that Bannockburn has for its community.
APPLICATIONS (Architectural, Zoning & Building Permits)
- General Project Checklist
- Architectural Review Commission (ARC) Application (REVISED January 2016)
- Zoning Application for Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals (PCZBA) (Click Here) (REVISED September 2015)
- Building Permit Application (Click Here) [which assumes any ARC and/or PCZBA approvals have been granted] (application is utilized for, but not necessarily limited to, the following “work” on residential or commercial properties in the Village:
- Grading Permit; Driveway Permits; Roofing Permits; Electrical/Plumbing Permits; Water Heater install permit; HVAC install permit; Window Replacement permit; Siding Replacement permit; Accessory Structure Permit; Swimming Pool/Spa Permit; Fence/Pillar Permit; Generator Permit; Deck/Patio Permit (including modifications to existing decks/patios); Sprinkler Permit; Elevator Permit; Sign Permit; Utility modification/improvement (Sewer/Water/Storm Sewer); Demolition Permit (of an entire structure); Tree/Landscape Permit (to meet opacity, part of a reforestation plan or other tree removals/additions involving healthy trees or development projects); Commercial build-outs/construction (interior & exterior), etc.
- Tree Removal Application (for dead/diseased/dying trees) — To provide better information to the Village, please use the following map to identify the location of proposed tree removals: Lake County IL Maps