REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Village of Bannockburn, Lake County, Illinois, will receive statements of qualifications in accordance with the Village’s QBS policy for Phase III Construction engineering services for the Telegraph Road Improvement Project, until 10:00 AM local time on August 4, 2022.
Qualifications are to be submitted PDF via email to Stephanie Hannon – firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the specified deadline.
All questions related to the Request for Qualifications must be submitted to Stephanie Hannon via email (email@example.com) by 12:00 PM, July 28, 2022.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- July 21, 2022 – RFQ posted to Village website
- July 28, 2022 12:00 PM – All questions due to Village
- August 1, 2022 – All questions answered
- August 4, 2022 10:00AM – Submittals due to Village
- August 5, 2022 – Firm selection and negotiations
- August 8, 2022 – Draft agreement approved by board and submitted to IDOT
The Village of Bannockburn invites Statements of Qualifications from IDOT prequalified engineering firms to assist the Village in completing Phase III Construction engineering services for the Telegraph Road Improvement Project. The project is being funded with STP and local funding sources and will be administered through Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Lake County Council of Mayors. The project must adhere to Village, Federal Highway Authority (FHWA) and IDOT standards as required.
The construction limits along Telegraph Road will be from Illinois Route 22 to North Avenue. The total project will include approximately 1.5 miles of asphalt resurfacing. Additionally, there will be pathway and sidewalk removal and replacement. Pre-final plans are available for review upon request.
All submittals must be thorough, complete and accurate. The .pdf submittal shall be a single .pdf document, no more than 15 pages in length (including cover letter, tabs, section breaks, resumes, conflict of interest, etc.). Tabs and section breaks are not required. The submittal should include the following information:
- Cover letter on the firm’s letterhead transmitting the qualifications. Include name of the firm, local address, telephone number and name of contact person (with email address).
- Current IDOT prequalification status. The prime consultant must be prequalified in Special Services – Construction Inspection and submit documentation of their current prequalification status.
- List of 3-5 relevant projects recently completed similar in nature to this project. Include a description of each project, including location, project team, and construction cost for each project. If the project was on an IDOT state lettering, provide the letting date and items number and/or contract number.
- A brief (maximum of 2 pages) technical approach regarding the firm’s abilities to perform the required Phase III Engineering services.
- List of key staff with brief resumes that would be assigned to the project including the Project Manager (must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Illinois), Resident Engineer (RE) (does not need to be a Professional Engineer) and any other relevant staff. Also, include any sub-consultants that will be required to complete the project, including the relevant prequalification categories for each sub-consultant (documentation of their prequalification status is NOT required). An organization chart is optional.
- Conflict of Interest statement.
- List of three (3) references including name, job title, telephone number, and email address. The references should not be current Village of Bannockburn employees. The references should preferably have worked for a local agency on similar projects.
SCOPE OF WORK
The selected firm shall perform Phase III engineering services as required and in a professional and satisfactory manner. All work must be completed in accordance with the policies and standards of the Village, IDOT, and FHWA.
The anticipated scope of services shall include but not limited to the following:
- Provide resident engineer and necessary construction inspection staff to ensure that improvements are completed in accordance with he approved contract plans and documents.
- Attend IDOT Pre-construction meeting(s) with Village and IDOT.
- Complete and maintain required reports, plan changes, anticipated cost changes, extra work, tec. Submittal of weekly report to the Village, IDOT and the Contractor.
- Facilitate progress meetings with the contractor and subs, utility companies, IDOT, and Village. Ensure that the contractor provides updated project schedule for progress meetings.
- Coordinate with the Lake County Council of Mayors for any required reporting or updates including quarterly reports and close-out documents.
- Coordinate with the Village on Public Relations items.
- Maintain records during construction to document field changes, prepare and provide as-built drawings (hard copy and electronic) to the Village.
- Measure and document quantities meeting IDOT requirements. Prepare and submit various reports such as partial and final pay estimates, change orders, material reports, records, etc.
- Provide and complete QA/QC material testing as required by IDOT.
- Complete all final IDOT quantity and material documentation for Contract completion and close out.
SECTION CRITERIA AND WEIGHTING
The section criteria and weightings for project selection are as indicated below:
- Technical Approach (20%): Project understanding and the entity’s approach to perform Phase III Construction Engineering Services and related items that are require for successful project completion.
- Firm Experience (30%): the entity’s general experience, stability, and experience on projects similar to the one under consideration. Experience with federally funded projects is required.
- Staff Capabilities (Prime/Sub) (30%): The education, experience, and expertise of the entity’s key employees as they relate to the proposed scope of services.
- Workload Capacity (10%): present workload of key staff with attention to current and future commitments of the firm.
- Specialized Expertise (10%): entity’s specialized expertise in relation to the project’s scope of services.
Firm experience with multiple federally funded construction projects administered through IDOT is a requirement. The technical approach should not include standard construction practices that apply to most projects and IDOT forms/documentation/procedures/etc. that are required on all federally funded projects. Instead, the approach should focus on any differentiators the firm and RE may have.
Village staff will evaluate the submittals. The submittals will be reviewed, evaluated, and scored using the criteria and weights defined above. Submittals will be used by Village staff to select the top qualified consultants to enter into negotiations and a contract. All consultants who submitted qualifications will be notified when the final selection is completed. Additional results and scoring breakdowns will not be provided.
The top ranked firm will be notified, and a final scope and hours will be negotiated. If an agreement cannot be reached with the top ranked firm, the Village will start negotiations with the next highest ranked firm.