Defend your home and garden ||
- Tip and toss free-standing containers such as flowerpot saucers, watering cans and buckets.
- Change the water and clean bird baths with a garden hose.
- Empty water that collects in folds of tarps used to cover woodpiles, boats, etc.
- Position corrugated drain pipes to ensure drainage or dump out water.
- Clean leaves and debris from roof gutters.
- Store or recycle old tires. Your tire store will dispose of them for a small fee.
- Clear debris to allow water to flow freely from drainage ditches and culverts.
- Filter or aerate ornamental ponds using a circulation pump, or stock the pond with fish.
- Drain or fill-in puddles and areas of your yard that remain wet and soggy for more than a week.
- Check window and door screens and repair as needed to ensure that mosquitoes cannot enter.
To learn more, see brochure here.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, GO TO THE SOUTHLAKE MOSQUITO ABATEMENT DISTRICT WEBSITE AT WWW.SLMAD.ORG OR TO REPORT MOSQUITO ISSUES, PLEASE CALL THE MOSQUITO HOTLINE 800-942-2555.