Building a Barn
Building a Barn Checklist
- Read the Zoning Code regarding barns and paddocks.
- Mark location and size of requested barn and paddock on a copy of a current survey of your property. Also note any changes to the grade or removal of vegetation.
- Determine the style, color and materials of the barn.
- Review the initial concept with the Building Commissioner, ARC Member, PCZBA Member and Village Manager in a pre-application meeting.
- Present plans in ARC meeting and adjust based on feedback (if necessary).
- Submit final landscaping plan to the Village if required by the ARC.
- Submit Building Permit Application.
- Village will contact you when the Building Permit is ready and advise you of your fees.
- Have surveyor or general contractor locate and mark property setbacks. Call JULIE to mark for conflicting utilities.
- Begin construction.
- Call for all required inspections when ready.
- Install landscaping if required by the ARC.
- When project is finished, call for a final inspection, also review with Village Manager or Building Commissioner.
- Have your surveyor revise your plat of survey to include the new barn and submit a copy to the Village.