Adding a Pool
Adding a New Pool Checklist
- Read the Zoning Code regarding pools, required bufferyards and enclosing fences.
- Mark location and size of new pool on a copy of a current survey of your property. Identify where the pump equipment and fencing will be placed. Address any set-back questions with the Building Commissioner or Village Manager. Also note any changes to the grade or removal of vegetation.
- Determine the style, color and materials of the required safety fence, as well as the pool landscaping plan.
- Review the initial concept with the Building Commissioner or Village Manager. Contact the Village at 847-945-6080 to set up this meeting.
- Present both plans in ARC meeting and adjust based on feedback (if necessary).
- Submit final landscaping plan to the Village if required by the ARC.
- Submit Building Permit Application.
- Have surveyor or general contractor locate and mark property setbacks and pool/fence perimeter. Call JULIE to mark for conflicting utilities.
- Village will contact you when the Building Permit is ready and advise you of your fees. Begin construction.
- Call for inspections when ready – the Village will provide you with a list at the time you secure a building permit.
- Install landscaping if required by the ARC.
- When project is finished, call for a final inspection, also review with Village Manager, Building Commissioner
- Have your surveyor revise your plat of survey to include the new pool and submit a copy to the Village.